“C O U L D I T B E … S A T A N ? ? ?”
MAJESTIC REP PRESENTS ADULT COMEDY “HAND TO GOD”
LAS VEGAS – Majestic Repertory Theatre continues its inaugural season with the hottest play in American theater this season: HAND TO GOD!
The God-fearing children of Cypress, Texas spend their after-school hours practicing Christian Puppet Ministry at the local church. When one devout young boy discovers that his hand puppet has a life of its own, all hell breaks loose. Literally. In this sidesplitting and lightning-paced comedy, a satanic sock puppet named Tyrone shows the children, minister, and school bully who’s really in charge.
Declared “flat-out hilarious” by The New York Times and described as “Sesame Street meets The Exorcist” by The New Yorker; HAND TO GOD by Robert Askins and directed by Troy Heard makes its Las Vegas premiere after thrilling audiences on Broadway last season.
“This show is deceptive,” says Heard. “On the surface you think it’s a raunchy comedy with a foul mouthed sock puppet. But in reality it’s about how we deal with perceptions of self in the face of a tragic event.” In the case of HAND TO GOD, the tragic event is the death of young Jason’s father.
“Jason’s dad was a Gulf War vet who came home and proceeded to eat himself to death. We’re never given his perspective, but both his wife and son have internalized their grief and turn to the Puppet Ministry for therapy,” Heard says. “When Jason’s puppet Tyrone takes on a persona of its own, Jason’s forced to confront his emotions and take a journey that’s both shockingly hilarious and deeply moving.”
Performances of HAND TO GOD will be March 23 through April 15; show times are 8 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 5 p.m. on Sundays. Majestic Repertory Theatre performs at 1217 S. Main Street. General admission tickets are $23 and are on sale now at www.majesticrepertory.com.
- Western Addiction – Your Life Is Precious (Official Video) - Mar 24, 2017
- People of Vegas Project: Episode 3 Shahab Zargari - Mar 24, 2017
- Inside the Head of Terry Gilliam - Mar 22, 2017
- Why Doesn’t Obi-Wan Remember R2-D2 in A New Hope? – Star Wars Explained - Mar 21, 2017
- Top 6 Movie Houses in Cinema: Infographic - Mar 21, 2017
- #JustAddZebras – Cast of Adventure Time humoring the press at SDCC - Mar 20, 2017
- First Look at Disney’s Upcoming Star Wars Land! - Mar 20, 2017
- Tim & Eric 10 Year Anniversary Awesome Tour! - Mar 20, 2017
- The Most Detailed Map of the Universe (Currently) – Laniakea: Our home supercluster - Mar 20, 2017
- “Weird Al” Yankovic – Medium Rarities - Mar 19, 2017