With one announcement, the animation software game may have changed forever. Toonz, the software used by Studio Ghibli to produce films like Howl’s Moving Castle, Ponyo and The Wind Rises, will be made free and open source to the animation community beginning March 26, 2016.
Ghibli has been using Toonz since the production of Princess Mononoke, and the new OpenToonz is dubbed “Toonz Ghibli Edition” because of all the custom-features that Toonz has developed over the years for the legendary Japanese studio.
- Why Are So Many Popular Cartoon Characters YELLOW? - Apr 23, 2017
- Batman and Bill – A Hulu Documentary - Apr 23, 2017
- Rick & Morty [Season 3] – Puppet Promos Supercut - Apr 23, 2017
- Official Star Wars Tribute To Carrie Fisher - Apr 21, 2017
- Disney Imagineers and Lucasfilm Collaborate on Star Wars-Themed Lands - Apr 16, 2017
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Riffs Stranger Things - Apr 15, 2017
- Guillermo del Toro talks Star Wars ideas and Trollhunters Season 2 - Apr 15, 2017
- Download Now: Cuphead Paper Foldables - Apr 13, 2017
- New Star Wars Animated Shorts will come to Youtube this Summer! - Apr 13, 2017
- MAJESTIC REP PRESENTS THRILLER “CARRIE THE MUSICAL” - Apr 13, 2017