With one announcement, the animation software game may have changed forever. Toonz, the software used by Studio Ghibli to produce films like Howl’s Moving Castle, Ponyo and The Wind Rises, will be made free and open source to the animation community beginning March 26, 2016.
Ghibli has been using Toonz since the production of Princess Mononoke, and the new OpenToonz is dubbed “Toonz Ghibli Edition” because of all the custom-features that Toonz has developed over the years for the legendary Japanese studio.
- Western Addiction – Your Life Is Precious (Official Video) - Mar 24, 2017
- People of Vegas Project: Episode 3 Shahab Zargari - Mar 24, 2017
- Inside the Head of Terry Gilliam - Mar 22, 2017
- Why Doesn’t Obi-Wan Remember R2-D2 in A New Hope? – Star Wars Explained - Mar 21, 2017
- Top 6 Movie Houses in Cinema: Infographic - Mar 21, 2017
- #JustAddZebras – Cast of Adventure Time humoring the press at SDCC - Mar 20, 2017
- First Look at Disney’s Upcoming Star Wars Land! - Mar 20, 2017
- Tim & Eric 10 Year Anniversary Awesome Tour! - Mar 20, 2017
- The Most Detailed Map of the Universe (Currently) – Laniakea: Our home supercluster - Mar 20, 2017
- “Weird Al” Yankovic – Medium Rarities - Mar 19, 2017