With one announcement, the animation software game may have changed forever. Toonz, the software used by Studio Ghibli to produce films like Howl’s Moving Castle, Ponyo and The Wind Rises, will be made free and open source to the animation community beginning March 26, 2016.
Ghibli has been using Toonz since the production of Princess Mononoke, and the new OpenToonz is dubbed “Toonz Ghibli Edition” because of all the custom-features that Toonz has developed over the years for the legendary Japanese studio.
- Video: Men Read Sexist Tweets to the Women They Were Directed Towards - Jul 25, 2017
- Ron Howard’s Han Solo - Jul 25, 2017
- Children of Ether – Teaser Trailer - Jul 24, 2017
- Ready Player One SDCC Teaser - Jul 22, 2017
- SDCC 2017 – The Dark Tower director Nikolaj Arcel talks about finally showing his film to Stephen King - Jul 21, 2017
- On The Road With Alex Martin: Blowing Up Dams Is Good Clean Fun - Jul 21, 2017
- Rick and Morty: The Non Canonical Adventures (All of them) - Jul 21, 2017
- SDCC ‘Rocko’s Modern Life Sneak Peek - Jul 21, 2017
- Pacific Rim: Uprising – Comic-Con Teaser - Jul 20, 2017
- THE DARK TOWER – Magnum Opus - Jul 19, 2017