We arrived at the theater early. Not only were we excited to watch the finale of one of our favorite shows at our local theater, but this was our first time attending a Fathom Events screening. Early was a good choice. The previews for the upcoming Russian Ballet Fathom Events trailers were quite breathtaking. And without too much in the way of trailers, the show got started.
Watching Sherlock on the big screen was fantastic. Beats a handheld tablet or loud living room any day. The production on the show is just as superb as the acting and the writing…. The twists and turns and clues and mind games are a normal part of each new chapter in the Sherlock TV show, but to see it play out in the theater was a real treat.
Without giving away too many spoilers, it was interesting to see the Holmes siblings forming into three personas right in front of our eyes. Sherlock, the sociopath, Mycroft, the genius, and Euros, the psychopath. How does Watson fit in? Why, he’s the moral soldier, of course.
This finale was just as good as the three prior season finale episodes, but what made this outing particularly exciting was the bonus featurette we were treated to that was about Mary Watson. Amanda Abbington retells stories on how she got the part, what it was like to not only be brought into a show that had become a world-wide phenomenon, but her experiences working with the other cast and crew. She took us down memory lane with her favorite episodes and moments filming the show and ended with a heart-warming goodbye because Mary Watson “quite literally went out with a bang.”
Sherlock: Highly recommended.
Fathom Events: Worth every penny.
- Going Old School: First Annual Las Vegas Baroque Festival Announced - Feb 20, 2017
- JJ Abrams and Stephen King project coming soon to HULU - Feb 18, 2017
- SOL Trailer/Proof of Concept with Timelapse - Feb 16, 2017
- VFX Breakdown: Creating Jedha and Scarif for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Feb 16, 2017
- 10 Common Mistakes Made by New Filmmakers - Feb 14, 2017
- Video: The Beauty of Sound Design - Feb 13, 2017
- Devilishly Funny “Hand to God” Opens at Majestic Repertory Theatre - Feb 11, 2017
- Watch Now: Scavengers – Sci Fi Animated Short - Feb 7, 2017
- What is Brazil? - Feb 7, 2017
- Howard Stern Talks President Trumps Executive Orders - Feb 6, 2017