Dex tells the story of an AI, Dex, where she is chased by corporate mercs and has to figure out how to get away alive by fighting against dangerous gangs and much more.
It’s got all of the standard RPG components that made games like Mass Effect so popular: large maps, a choice of how to answer the people you talk to, and interesting puzzles that help you go from one part of the story to the next. But it’s all presented in a side-scroller Super Nintendo kind of style and graphics.
The game is fun as the puzzles that unfold are tricky and the futuristic world creepy as all hell. For fans of Blade Runner, RPGs and old school graphics.
* Rare mix of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions mixed with hand-drawn characters, animations, locations, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
* Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or everyday reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, or special equipment.
* Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock game-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your play style.
* Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and return back to your body in a fraction of a second to see the results: deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implants…
* Neo-cyberpunk storyline: Inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors — sprinkled with augmented reality elements.
* Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, rundown shanty towns, and seedy red light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and (of course!) try to stay alive.
* Full voice acting: Interactive dialogue using hand-drawn sprite animations — fully voice-acted by professional voiceover artists.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Dex is available on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for $19.99. A physical PlayStation 4 release is also available in select territories. PlayStation Vita and Wii U versions are expected later this year.
- Stream Now: Sci-Fi Short Film “Dedalo” - May 27, 2017
- On The Road With Alex Martin: Biosphere 2 - May 26, 2017
- Mashup – Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address - May 24, 2017
- The Dirty Little Betty’s – Backyard Carnival lyric video - May 22, 2017
- Star Wars: Destroyer – Fan Film - May 21, 2017
- On The Road With Alex Martin: What Draws People to Sedona? - May 21, 2017
- Translating Arrival - May 19, 2017
- PSA – Your Brain On Drug Policy - May 18, 2017
- Internationally acclaimed anime film “In This Corner of the World” will open across U.S. cinemas - May 18, 2017
- Netflix: Jim Henson’s ‘Dark Crystal’ Prequel Series - May 18, 2017